GFH Urban Shotgun 1™
Length of Course: 4 hours
Taught at these locations: Woodland Park, Mobile training for this class is also available.
Course Level: Advanced (what's this?)
Course Description: The shotgun is considered to be one of the best, if not the best close-quarters weapons you can use. While most everyone has a shotgun in their inventory, most owners never receive the proper training in how to employ the shotgun in a close-quarters environment. The course will cover proper use of the shotgun in a close-quarters environment. The course will start out with the basics and then progress into high-level shooting drills. The class will culminate with a live-fire building search scenario. Upon successful completion of this course, the student will have a better understanding of how to employ a shotgun and how critical it can be in a close-quarters shooting incident.
Who teaches this course? All of our high-level courses are taught by experienced professionals with the credentials to prove it. They are all trained and certified by the N.J. Police Training Commission, N.J. Department of Criminal Justice, and posses Federal Law Enforcement Instructor Certifications. They are experts in N.J. Use of Force Policies, and are always updating the course material with the latest use of force guidelines and case law. At GFH this is not a “hobby” but a full time, legitimate vocation. Any " instructor” can teach you anything, but only a select few can teach you the "why" or the "root of law" to justify your actions. If you were to use your newly acquired skills and you were required to justify your actions, at GFH all of our instructors are ready, willing, and able to testify in your defense as long as you had followed the training and procedures we provided. It does you and your loved one’s no good if you survive the fight, and then spend the next thirty years in prison because of the wrongful advice you were given by a part time amateur “instructor”.
Once you have read the additional information below, if you still have a question, please check out our FAQ Page. If you do not see the answers you are seeking, be sure to go to the Gun For Hire forum where several of our instructors are available to answer any questions. Our Gun Forum has an optional login with facebook for your convenience
Topics covered to include:
- Proper stance, grip and recoil management
- Administration loading and unloading
- Proper ready positions and carrying techniques
- Round selection and patterning
- Tactical reloads/combat reloads
- Ammunition changeover
- Immediate action drills-malfunctions
- Different shooting positions
- Multiple targets
- Multiple threats
- Shooting on the move
- Shooting from behind cover
- Gear selection and placement
- Building search techniques with the shotgun
- Shotgun (You must bring a pistol registered to you to take the class!)
- Sling (single point preferred or recommended)
- 75 rounds of trap shot
- 50 rounds 00 buckshot
- 20 rounds of slugs
- Ammunition holders (side saddle, belt pouch). Strongly recommend a dump pouch to carry additional rounds to the firing line.
- Season appropriate clothing
- Eye and ear protection