NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Course
Length of Course: 8 hours
Taught at these locations: Woodland Park, Mobile training for this class is also available.
Course Level: Starter (What's this?)
Who teaches this course? This course is taught by an NRA-certified firearms instructor, who was also trained and additionally certified with the trademark GFH immersion training system.
Course Description: This course is at least 8-hours long and includes classroom and range time learning to shoot revolvers and semi-automatic pistols. Students learn NRA’s rules for safe gun handling; pistol parts and operation; ammunition; shooting fundamentals; range rules; shooting from the bench rest position, and two handed standing positions; cleaning the pistol; and continued opportunities for skill development. Students will receive the NRA Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting handbook, NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure, Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification booklet, take a Basics of Pistol Shooting Student Examination, and course completion certificate.
Need a Private or Semi-Private lesson to fit your schedule? If you do not see a training date that suits your schedule, please contact us to make personal arrangements. Instruction scheduled at your convenience with no waiting list. No prior experience or handgun ownership necessary. If you do not have a firearm yet, let us know and arrangements can be made. Please contact Jimmy at 888-486-3674, ext. 6 or Jimmy@GunForHire.com
Once you have read the additional information below, if you still have a question, please check out our FAQ Page. If you do not see the answers you are seeking, be sure to go to the Gun For Hire forum where several of our instructors are available to answer any questions. Our Gun Forum has an optional login with facebook for your convenience
Topics covered to include:
- Prerequisites: None. The material is suitable for all, including appropriately supervised, mature children. Minimum age, 8 years old.
- To teach the basic knowledge, skills, and attitude for owning and using a pistol safely
- Pistol knowledge, safe gun handling, ammunition knowledge, fundamentals of pistol shooting, two-handed shooting position, firing the first shots, cleaning, storage, pistol sports and activities
- Course Completion: Students will receive feedback on all live-fire exercises.
- This course satisfies practical requirements for the Florida non-resident concealed carry permit.
- If you do not have a firearm, no problem, a selection will be supplied during the class at NO additional charge.
- Have your own firearm? Great. Please bring it along.
- Ammo: 22, 9, or 38 ammo is supplied. If you choose to bring a pistol and it uses a different caliber, please bring a box of factory ammo to use.
- This course is all inclusive: Class - Certificate - Materials - Range Time - Targets - Eye and Ear Protection - Refreshments.
- Please wear comfortable clothing. No open-toed shoes.