NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Length of Course: 11 hours
Taught at these locations: Woodland Park, Mobile training for this class is also available.
Course Level: Instructor (what's this?)
Who teaches this course? This course is taught by an NRA-certified appointed Training Counselor, who was also trained and additionally certified with the trademark GFH immersion training system.
Course Description: An NRA Pistol Instructor Training class begins where NRA Basic Instructor Training stops: with Lesson VI. Then NRA Pistol Instructor Training proceeds through eight lessons that teach you how to conduct the NRA Basic Pistol Shooting course step by step using the NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Course Outline and Lesson Plans, and how to teach pistol shooting on a basic level. NRA Pistol Instructor Training concludes with the Pistol Instructor Examination and other preliminaries to certification by the NRA. We help you learn you what you need to know for success as an NRA Pistol Instructor and we help you apply your knowledge, skills, and attitude to teaching your own classes successfully. Photographs on this page show just a few aspects of how we teach a typical NRA Pistol Instructor class. Two photographs give you a glimpse of our hands on instructional method. First we teach you how to coach a student firing the first shots. Then we supervise you as you do an actual coaching session with a student firing those first shots. We explain, demonstrate, and guide you through what you need as a first rate certified Pistol Instructor. Look for us in the photographs and you'll notice that we are always visible but never intrusive.
Once you have read the additional information below, if you still have a question, please check out our FAQ Page. If you do not see the answers you are seeking, be sure to go to the Gun For Hire forum where several of our instructors are available to answer any questions. Our Gun Forum has an optional login with facebook for your convenience
Topics covered to include: Here are the lessons in the NRA Pistol Instructor Training class:
- Introduction to "NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Course Outline and Lesson Plans"
- Teaching "Pistol Lesson I: Pistol Knowledge and Safe Handling"
- Teaching "Pistol Lesson II: Ammunition Knowledge and the Fundamentals of Pistol Shooting"
- Basic Pistol Shooting Instructional Method
- Teaching "Pistol Lesson III: Firing the First Shots"
- Teaching "Pistol Lesson IV: Scoring Targets and Selecting and Maintaining a Pistol"
- Evaluating and Improving Performance of Beginning Pistol Shooters
- Teaching "Pistol Lesson V: Continued Opportunities for Skill Development"
- Complete our NRA Basic Instructor Training class part 1
- Register using the form below and make payment of the current class fee
- Pass the NRA Pre-Course Qualification assessment
- Pistol and 50 rounds of ammo
- Eye and Ear protection
- Positive attitude