NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
Length of Course: 14 hours
Taught at these locations: Woodland Park, Mobile training for this class is also available.
Course Level: Instructor (what's this?)
Who teaches this course? This course is taught by an NRA-certified appointed Training Counselor, who was also trained and additionally certified with the trademark GFH immersion training system.
Course Description: NRA Rifle Instructor training begins where NRA Basic Instructor training stops: with Lesson VI. This NRA Rifle Instructor training class proceeds through eight lessons that teach you how to conduct the NRA Basic Rifle Shooting course step by step using the NRA Basic Rifle Shooting Course Outline and Lesson Plans, and how to teach rifle shooting on a basic level. NRA Rifle Instructor training concludes with the Rifle Instructor examination and other preliminaries to certification by the NRA.
Once you have read the additional information below, if you still have a question, please check out our FAQ Page. If you do not see the answers you are seeking, be sure to go to the Gun For Hire forum where several of our instructors are available to answer any questions. Our Gun Forum has an optional login with facebook for your convenience
Topics covered to include: The lessons in the NRA Rifle Instructor training class:
- Introduction to "NRA Basic Rifle Shooting Course Outline and Lesson Plans"
- Teaching "Rifle Lesson I: Rifle Knowledge and Safe Handling"
- Teaching "Rifle Lesson II: Ammunition Knowledge and the Fundamentals of Rifle Shooting"
- Basic Rifle Shooting Instructional Method
- Teaching "Rifle Lesson III: Firing the First Shot"
- Teaching "Rifle Lesson IV: Standing Rifle Shooting Positions"
- Teaching "Rifle Lesson V: Prone and Kneeling Rifle Shooting Positions"
- Teaching "Rifle Lesson VI: Sitting Rifle Shooting Position and Review of Positions"
- Evaluating and Improving Performance of Beginning Rifle Shooters
- Teaching "Rifle Lesson VII: Rifle Sports and Activities"
- Rifle Instructor Examination and Course Conclusion
- Complete our NRA Basic Instructor training class, part 1
- Register using the form below and make payment of the current class fee
- Pass the NRA Pre-Course Qualification Assessment
- Rifle and 50 rounds of ammo
- Eye and ear protection
- Positive attitude