NRA Certified Shotgun Instructor
Length of Course: 11 hours
Taught at these locations: Woodland Park, Mobile training for this class is also available.
Course Level: Instructor (what's this?)
Who teaches this course? This course is taught by an NRA-certified appointed Training Counselor, who was also trained and additionally certified with the trademark GFH immersion training system.
Course Description: NRA Shotgun Instructor training begins where NRA Basic Instructor training stops: with Lesson VI. This NRA Shotgun Instructor training class proceeds through eight lessons that teach you how to conduct the NRA Basic Shotgun Shooting course step by step using the NRA Basic Shotgun Shooting Course Outline and Lesson Plans, and how to teach shotgun shooting on a basic level. NRA Shotgun Instructor training concludes with the Shotgun Instructor examination and other preliminaries to certification by the NRA.
Once you have read the additional information below, if you still have a question, please check out our FAQ Page. If you do not see the answers you are seeking, be sure to go to the Gun For Hire forum where several of our instructors are available to answer any questions. Our Gun Forum has an optional login with facebook for your convenience
Topics covered to include: The eight lessons in an NRA Shotgun Instructor training class:
- Introduction to "NRA Basic Shotgun Shooting Course Outline and Lesson Plans"
- Teaching "Shotgun Lesson I: Shotgun Knowledge and Safe Handling"
- Teaching "Shotgun Lesson II: Ammunition Knowledge and the Fundamentals of Shotgun Shooting"
- Basic Shotgun Shooting Instructional Method
- Teaching "Shotgun Lesson III: Firing the First Shots"
- Teaching "Shotgun Lesson IV: Shotgun Shooting Skills Practical Exercise"
- Evaluating and Improving Performance of Beginning Shotgun Shooters
- Teaching "Shotgun Lesson V: Shotgun Sports and Activities"
- Shotgun Instructor Examination and Course Conclusion.
- Complete our NRA Basic Instructor training class. part 1
- Register using the form below and make payment of the current class fee
- Pass the NRA Pre-Course Qualification Assessment
- Shotgun and 50 rounds of ammo
- Eye and ear protection
- Positive attitude