NRA First Steps Rifle
Length of Course: 4 hours
Taught at these locations: Woodland Park, Mobile training for this class is also available.
Course Level: Starter (what's this?)
Who teaches this course?This course is taught by an NRA-certified firearms instructor, who was also trained and additionally certified with the trademark GFH immersion training system.
Course Description: This is an awesome class to take with friends. If you didn't know where to start, you're at the right place. This class teaches the basic knowledge, skills, and attitude for owning and operating a rifle safely. This course is about 4 hours long and includes classroom and range time learning your rifle or one that is supplied by us. Normaly we us an AR 15 platform. You'll learn NRA’s rules for safe gun handling, rifle parts and operation, ammunition, shooting fundamentals, range rules, shooting from the benchrest position, and two-handed standing positions, cleaning the rifle, and continued opportunities for skill development. If you didn't understand anything you just read, don't worry, everyone is in the same boat. At the conclusion of the class you will receive the NRA Guide to the Basics of Rifle Shooting Handbook, NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure, Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification booklet, and course completion certificate
Need a Private or Semi-Private lesson to fit your schedule? If you do not see a training date that suits your schedule, please contact us to make personal arrangements. Instruction scheduled at your convenience with no waiting list. No prior experience or handgun ownership necessary. If you do not have a firearm yet let us know and arrangements can be made. Please contact Jimmy at 888-486-3674 x6 or Jimmy@GunForHire.com
Once you have read the additional information below, if you still have a question, please check out our FAQ Page. If you do not see the answers you are seeking, be sure to go to the Gun For Hire forum where several of our instructors are available to answer any questions. Our Gun Forum has an optional login with facebook for your convenience.
Topics covered to include:
- Prerequisites: None. The material is suitable for all, including appropriately supervised, mature children. Minimum age, 8 years old.
- To teach the basic knowledge, skills, and attitude for owning and using a rifle safely
- Safe gun handling, ammunition knowledge, fundamentals of rifle shooting, two-handed shooting position, firing the first shots, cleaning, storage, rifle sports and activities.
- Students will receive feedback on all live-fire exercises.
- If you do not have a firearm, no problem, a selection will be supplied during the class at NO additional charge.
- Have your own firearm? Great. Please bring it along.
- If you do not have a firearm, let us know. We can arrange use of a rifle to complete this course.
- Ammo: 22, or .223 ammo is supplied. If you you choose to bring a rifle and it uses a different caliber, please bring a box of factory ammo to use.
- This course is all inclusive - class - certificate - materials - range time - targets - eye and ear protection, as well as refreshments.
- Please wear comfortable clothing. No open-toed shoes.
Anthony, This is linda baker. I had such a good time at your class. everyone made me feel comfortable and welcome. I was a little leery about shooting my gun because everyone asked why I had it! but I had such a blast with it . I love my gun. I emailed paul devane about taking your class. I hope I can get into his club. I know it is not opened to the public and you have to be voted in. wish me luck! thanks for everything linda
- Linda Baker