NRA Personal Protection In The Home Course Instructor
Length of Class: 9 hours
Taught at these locations: Woodland Park, Mobile training for this class is also available.
Course Level: Instructor (what's this?)
Who teaches this course? This course is taught by an NRA-certified appointed Training Counselor, who was also trained and additionally certified with the trademark GFH immersion training system.
Course Description: As a certified NRA Personal Protection In The Home Instructor you will be able to teach this class to your students.
NRA Basic Personal Protection In The Home Course:
This is an eight-hour course. Students should expect to shoot approximately 100 rounds of ammunition. Students will learn basic defensive shooting skills, strategies for home safety and responding to a violent confrontation, firearms and the law, how to choose a handgun for self-defense, and continued opportunities for skill development. Students will receive the NRA Guide to the Basics of Personal Protection In The Home handbook, NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure, the Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification booklet, and course completion certificate.(Lesson Plan, revised 08/11)
NRA Basic Personal Protection In The Home course is for law-abiding adult citizens, as defined by applicable federal, state, or local law, and experienced shooters (shooters able to show mastery of the basic skills of safe gun handling, shooting a group, zeroing the firearm, and cleaning the firearm) to maximize what can be learned from this course. Proof of shooting experience can be one of the following: NRA Basic Pistol Course Certificate, NRA FIRST Steps Course Certificate, NRA pistol competitive shooting qualification card, military DD 214 with pistol qualification, or passing the Pre-Course Assessment.
Once you have read the additional information below, if you still have a question, please check out our FAQ Page. If you do not see the answers you are seeking, be sure to go to the Gun For Hire forum where several of our instructors are available to answer any questions. Our Gun Forum has an optional login with facebook for your convenience
Topics covered to include:
- Lesson VI. Lesson VII. Lesson VIII. Lesson IX. Lesson X. Lesson XI. Lesson XII. Lesson XIII.
- Introduction to NRA Basic Personal Protection In The Home Course Outline and Lesson Plans (40 minutes)
- Teaching Personal Protection In The Home Lesson I: Introduction to Defensive Shooting (1 hour)
- Teaching Personal Protection In The Home Lesson II: Basic Defensive Pistol Skills (3 hours)
- Teaching Personal Protection In The Home Lesson III: Firearms and the Law, Possession, Ownership, and the Use of Deadly Force (30 minutes)
- Teaching Personal Protection In The Home Lesson IV: Strategies for Home Safety and Responding to a Violent Confrontation (1 hour)
- Teaching Personal Protection In The Home Lesson V: Selecting a Pistol for Self-Defense (40 minutes)
- Teaching Personal Protection In The Home Lesson VI: Sport Shooting Activities and Training Opportunities (30 minutes)
- Teaching Personal Protection In The Home Lesson VII: Course Review and Examination and Course Conclusion (1.5 hours)
- Candidates MUST have passed NRA Basic Instructor Training Part 1
- Candidates MUST have passed Pistol Instructor Course
- Register using the form below and make payment of the current class fee
- Pass the NRA Pre-Course Qualification assessment
- Pistol and 50 rounds of ammo
- Eye and Ear protection
- Positive attitude