NRA Personal Protection Inside the Home
Length of Course: 8 hours
Taught at these locations: Woodland Park, Mobile training for this class is also available.
Course Level: Novice (what's this?)
Who teaches this course? This course is taught by an NRA-certified firearms instructor, who was also trained and additionally certified with the trademark GFH immersion training system.
This course teaches the basic knowledge, skills, and attitude essential to the safe and efficient use of a handgun for protection of self and family, and to provide information on the law-abiding individual’s right to self-defense.
Once you have read the additional information below, if you still have a question, please check out our FAQ Page. If you do not see the answers you are seeking, be sure to go to the Gun For Hire forum where several of our instructors are available to answer any questions. Our Gun Forum has an optional login with facebook for your convenience.
Topics covered to include:
- Students will learn basic defensive shooting skills
- Strategies for home safety
- Responding to a violent confrontation, firearms and the law
- How to choose a handgun for self-defense
- Continued opportunities for skill development
- Students will receive the NRA Guide to the Basics of Personal Protection In The Home Handbook
- NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure
- The Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification booklet
- Course completion certificate
- NRA Basic Personal Protection In The Home course is for law-abiding adult citizens, as defined by applicable federal, state, or local law, and experienced shooters (shooters able to show mastery of the basic skills of safe gun handling, shooting a group, zeroing the firearm, and cleaning the firearm) to maximize what can be learned from this course.
- Proof of shooting experience can be one of the following: NRA Basic Pistol Course Certificate; NRA FIRST Steps Course Certificate; NRA pistol competitive shooting qualification card; military DD 214 with pistol qualification, or passing the Pre-Course Assessment.
- Pistol (You must bring a pistol registered to you to take the class!)
- Three magazines
- 100 rounds of ammunition
- Eye and ear protection
Yes, I very much enjoyed yesterday's class, and learned a lot from it, as usual. You have certainly managed to recruit an impressive roster of instructors. Each of the ones I've met have been extremely knowledgeable, as well as personable. I look forward to continuing to improve my command of firearms and such through training with you. Now I just need to get out there and work on improving my shooting!