Pet First Aid
Length of Course: 4 hours
Taught at these locations: Woodland Park, Mobile training for this class is also available.
Course Level: Starter (what's this?)
Who teaches this course? The course is taught by an expert in this area. At GFH we strive to provide the most qualified and competent instructors with every course we offer.
Course Description: Pet First Aid is the immediate care given to an injured or suddenly ill pet as temporary assistance until competent veterinary care is available. Properly applied first aid can save your pet's life, reduce recovery time and be the difference between temporary disability and lifelong disability. This program concentrates on basic first aid care. It is not intended to replace veterinary care, but rather to instruct the pet owner on how to save a pet's life during an emergency or to minimize a pet's trauma after an injury.
Once you have read the additional information below, if you still have a question, please check out our FAQ Page. If you do not see the answers you are seeking, be sure to go to the Gun For Hire forum where several of our instructors are available to answer any questions. Our Gun Forum has an optional login with facebook for your convenience
Topics covered to include:
- Section 1: Introduction
- Section 2: Approaching an Ill or injured animal
- Section 3: Initial Assessment
- Section 4: Injuries to Muscles and Bones
- Section 5: Soft Tissue Injuries and Wound Care
- Section 6: Medical Emergencies
- Section 7: Environment Emergencies
- Section 8: Common Pet Illnesses
- Section 9: Additional Information
- Section 10: Wrap-up and Closure
- Nothing but the love of your pet!