We receive several calls a day asking questions regarding SORA certification, job placement and “which classes can I take to get a better position?” To be honest, we appreciate your calls and are happy to help make this crazy process easy to understand.
Gun For Hire is New Jersey’s gold standard in firearms training. This is definitely carried through to our security officer division. We have hundreds of security officers in the industry that will tell you they trained at Gun For Hire and we would stand behind every one of them. When you train with Gun For Hire, we do not leave any student officer behind, nor do we just pass anyone that does not deserve to be passed. We are serious about educating you to be the best in your industry. This is our commitment to you.
SORA Certification is simple and easy. Follow the steps below.
- Visit the Gun For Hire calendar and choose a SORA certification date.
- When you’re here, we will register you that day with the State Police.
- You will attend the first class that day. The class is broken into two days.
- On the second day you take your test and we will register you for your fingerprinting with the State Police.
- Your SORA card will be mailed to you approximately two weeks after your class.
- We have chosen specific security companies that we work with to help you with job placement.