“Very informative and a good introduction to shooting safely.”
Hi Anthony, Thanks for your email. Yes – I enjoyed the class yesterday; it was very informative and a good introduction to shooting safely. I now feel confident enough to go to the range and practice independently. However, I know that this is only an introduction and want to come back for further classes. I just wish you were closer than the 2 hour drive! But it was well worth it and will be seeing you again in 4-6 weeks. Many thanks.
Day 1-4 will be held at 840 Piney Hollow Rd, Winslow Township, NJ 08043
Best Western Monroe Inn & Suites: 1151 N Black Horse Pike Williamstown, New Jersey 08094
Prerequisites: Basic understanding of firearms safety.
• Note taking materials. Laptops recommended.
• Absolutely NO recording or video taking during the course.
• A good quality handgun, suitable for self-protection and/or concealed carry. Remember that you will be firing approximately 500 rounds during this class, so ultra-lightweight firearms, though suitable for concealed carry, are not a good choice for class use. If you have any questions about the suitability of your gun, please contact us. It is a good idea to bring a spare gun, if you have one, just in case your primary gun breaks. ( it happens more than you think)
• A good quality holster. You need a safe, quality holster and belt. Again, if you have any questions, please contact us.
• A minimum of 3 magazines or speed loaders for your handgun.
• A magazine pouch/holder for at least 2 of your spare magazines or speed loaders.
• A sturdy belt, to support the above.
• Hearing protection.
• Eye protection.
• Billed cap or other brimmed headwear.
• At least 500 rounds of decent quality, reliable ammunition. Range ammunition (FMJ, etc.) is fine. You do not need to use premium self defense ammo for this course.
• Clothing suitable for the weather and the range. If necessary, we will finish our range work in whatever conditions exist at class time, live-fire classes run rain or shine, mud may be involved.
• Rain-gear plus a light jacket and sweater or sweatshirt (mornings and evenings can be cold, even in Florida).
Note taking materials. You will need to take LOTS of notes. We’ll explain why when you get here. If you wish to use a laptop computer or a tablet, that is OK (you may also want to bring an extension cord/power strip). Audio or video recording of the class is not allowed.
Firearm cleaning supplies plus any tools / lubricants that you might need.
A flashlight. Although we will not be doing any night shooting, it can get dark fairly early and some of our facilities have no lighting at the range. A flashlight might be handy for packing up your gear and getting to your car. Please note that the above list is just the essentials. You may bring additional items (such as a range bag, extra magazines, folding chairs and tables, tarps etc.), if you choose.
• See description above
All of our high-level courses are taught by experienced professionals with the credentials to prove it. They are all trained and certified by the N.J. Police Training Commission, N.J. Department of Criminal Justice, and possess Federal Law Enforcement Instructor Certifications. They are experts in N.J. Use of Force Policies, and are always updating the course material with the latest use of force guidelines and case law. At Gun For Hire, this is not a “hobby”, but a full-time, legitimate vocation. Any “instructor” can teach you something, but only a select few can teach you the “why” or the “root of law” to justify your actions. If you were to use your newly acquired skills and were required to justify your actions, Gun For Hire instructors are ready, willing, and able to testify in your defense, as long as you had followed the training and procedures we provided. It does you, and your loved ones, no good if you survive the fight but have spend the next thirty years in prison because of the wrong advice you were given by a part-time amateur “instructor”.
Disclaimer: In an effort to keep all of our students safe course objectives and drills are subject to change.