“Thank you for putting together a first rate class”
Thank you for putting together a first rate class. My hands and legs are sore! My gun needs a major cleaning. And, I learned things about my shooting and myself that you cannot put a dollar amount on. Gun For Hire is the best!
Urban Shotgun 1
If you’re unsure that you meet the prerequisites please email Jimmy@GunForHire.com
4 – 4.5 hours
Woodland Park Range: 1267 McBride Ave, Woodland Park NJ. 07424
Cedar Grove: 250 Grove Ave, Cedar Grove NJ. 07009 (Essex County Police Academy)
Easton PA: 2595 Redington Rd, Hellertown, PA 18055 (Easton Fish and Game Association)
Sussex: Sussex County Library 66 Route 639, Wantage, NJ.
Mobile training for this class is also available.
• Shotgun (You must bring a Shotgun registered to you to take the class!)
• Sling (single point preferred or recommended)
• 150 rounds 00 buckshot
• 100 rounds of slugs
• Ammunition holders (side saddle, belt pouch). Strongly recommend a dump pouch to carry additional rounds to the firing line
• Pistol w/3 magazines, magazine holders and holster
• Season appropriate clothing
• Eye and ear protection
• Building search techniques with the shotgun
• Administration loading and unloading
• Gear selection and placement
• Shooting from behind cover
• Tactical reloads/combat reloads
• Ammunition changeover
• Immediate action drills-malfunctions
• Different shooting positions
• Multiple targets
• Multiple threats
• Many more exclusive Gun For Hire drills!
All of our high-level courses are taught by experienced professionals with the credentials to prove it. They are all trained and certified by the N.J. Police Training Commission, N.J. Department of Criminal Justice, and possess Federal Law Enforcement Instructor Certifications. They are experts in N.J. Use of Force Policies, and are always updating the course material with the latest use of force guidelines and case law. At Gun For Hire, this is not a “hobby”, but a full-time, legitimate vocation. Any “instructor” can teach you something, but only a select few can teach you the “why” or the “root of law” to justify your actions. If you were to use your newly acquired skills and were required to justify your actions, Gun For Hire instructors are ready, willing, and able to testify in your defense, as long as you had followed the training and procedures we provided. It does you, and your loved ones, no good if you survive the fight but have spend the next thirty years in prison because of the wrong advice you were given by a part-time amateur “instructor”.
Disclaimer: In an effort to keep all of our students safe course objectives and drills are subject to change.