|GOV. MURPHY ANTI-GUN “ROUNDTABLE”
REVEALS MORE OF LEGISLATIVE AGENDA
|February 26, 2019. Today, Governor Murphy held his second anti-gun “roundtable” in the State House, revealing more of Trenton’s upcoming agenda on guns.
“How can they call it a ’roundtable” when there was no one there to speak for NJ’s one million law-abiding gun owners,” asked ANJRPC Executive Director Scott Bach. “They always talk about wanting a ‘conversation’ about gun issues — this was more like a monologue. They need to focus on severely punishing violent gun criminals instead of targeting tools needed by honest citizens to defend themselves.”
Claiming “our work is not done” and wearing a large red “F” pin on his lapel to commemorate the “F” grade he received from NRA, Governor Murphy declared as a goal for NJ to have the strongest “gun safety” laws in the U.S.
During the meeting, more of the upcoming legislative agenda on guns was revealed, and it included:
– A new “smart gun” initiative (replacing the failed 2002 smart gun law)
– Requiring ammunition sellers to electronically record every ammunition sale (falsely assumes criminals obtain their ammunition from licensed sellers)
– Mandating state-issued credentials to purchase ammunition (falsely assumes criminals obtain ammunition from legal sources)
– Expiration date on firearms purchase credentials (falsely assumes criminals purchase firearms using NJ credentials)
– Mandatory state-issued license for inheritance of firearms
– Passage of redundant laws punishing various firearms crimes already prohibited.
Please get ready to do your part as anti-gun attacks ramp up in Trenton in the coming weeks and months.
Please forward this email to every gun owner you know, and if you don’t already receive alerts from ANJRPC, please subscribe to our free email alerts for the latest Second Amendment breaking news and action alerts.
About ANJRPC: The Association of New Jersey Rifle & Pistol Clubs is the official New Jersey affiliate of the NRA, and is New Jersey’s oldest, largest, and most effective Second Amendment advocacy organization.