We are only 15 minutes from New York City!
If your in New York City and would like to rent a gun, Gun For Hire is NYC’s Favorite Gun Range. Just minutes from New York City by car, UBER or LYFT.
Enjoy $25 if you’re taking an Uber or Lyft from New York City!
If you choose Uber or Lyft to take you to Gun For Hire, show your receipt at the retail counter for a free gun rental valued at $25! It’s our way of pitching in for your paid ride.
Out of State? Out of Country? You’re All Welcome!
All you need to shoot is a photo ID and a friend! When entering you will be greeted by our hostess. After a quick photo you will be off to choose what gun you would like to rent. We have everything you need including targets, ammo, eye and ear protection and even a 15 minute course to make sure you are comfortable with the firearm. Once in the Range you will feel excited and energetic! Our Range Safety Officers will see to it that you will never feel nervous or embarrassed. We pride ourselves on our incomparable family environment and incredible staff and we have the awards and ratings to prove it. Come on in and experience it for yourself or you could ask any of the previous 1.2 million visitors!
Welcome to the Only 6 Star Range! No other Range Compares. Guaranteed!
There isn’t a range rating standard anywhere near sufficient to evaluate the incomparable facilities at Gun For Hire’s Woodland Park Range. That’s because at Gun For Hire, we don’t limit ourselves to the standards created by others – we break those standards and hold ourselves to an even higher benchmark. No one sets higher expectations than we do. One visit to our facility and you’ll understand why. The current range rating points system of NSSF® awards the highest rating of 5 stars for only 500 points (which most ranges do not even come close to). Our Woodland Park Range facility currently warrants an unprecedented 625 points under that standard, yet we do not rest on our achievements and continue the relentless pursuit of excellence every single day. Gun For Hire is proud to say we shatter the 5-star standard and would qualify for an unprecedented 6-Star Rating – if one existed! Well it does now, and we define it. No one else comes close. Come visit our facility, take our courses and see the difference 6 stars make!
If this is your First Time visiting the Woodland Park Range, here are a few facts that may be helpful along with some recommended courses we think you would enjoy.
First Time Shooting at the Range? Allow us to answer some questions for you!
Are you a Members Only range?
No. We are open to the public 363 days out of the year. We are closed only Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
What do I need to do when I get there?
Please STOP at our Concierge Desk. We have some paperwork every NEW Person to the Range MUST fill out before you can continue. We will then take your photo and confirm your Government issued I.D. (This step is for EVERY First Time individual visiting the Range. You only have to do this for the First Visit). Each individual must have identification with them.
How does it work?
Once signed in with our Concierge, please make your way to the Retail area. The Retail area has two lines: Members Only (“Rapid Fire” line) and Non-Members (which is our “First Shots” line at the right side of the Retail area). One of our Professionals will guide you through your options of Training, Port Time, Eye and Ear Protection, Targets, and Firearm Rental choices if necessary. We will ask to hold an I.D. while our rental guns are in use. I.D.’s will be returned upon the return of our rentals.
If I am New to shooting, have never properly shot a firearm before or it has been a while since my last experience and I could use some proper instruction, will you teach me?
Yes. Here at Gun For Hire we are all about firearm safety and proper handling of firearms. Please let us know at the register if you are a New Shooter or Inexperienced. You MUST take our 15 Minute Intro course. (Video games, Shooting in to the Woods doesn’t count!)
How many people are allowed in a Port?
The maximum number is 3 people in a port at a time. More than 3 people will need an additional port (Even in our spacious Big Man approved Ports). *Some exceptions may apply.
How much will it cost me?
The price will vary depending on the numerous options you may choose. An visit for first time shooters is: One port (One hour of time in the 25yd Range = 1 Person), One guest (Same port), a 15 minute Intro Class, set of eye and ear protection for each person, targets (3), One 9mm handgun rental (Handgun), and one box of 9mm Ammo (50 rounds) will cost approximately $160 ($80 per person). Please keep in mind we have over 120 firearms for rent! Variations in firearms and ammunition can affect pricing.
Can I choose more than one gun?
Yes. We allow only One Rental Firearm in a Port at a time. If you choose two firearm rentals, one will stay at the Retail area until you finish with your first firearm. When finished, one of our Professionals will clear and lock the firearm in the case for you to return to the Retail area for your second firearm.
Can I take Pictures/Video?
Yes you can. We ask you keep your photos to within your port. Please try to not get other shooters in your photos/videos. Most importantly, if posing with the firearm, keep the Muzzle Pointed Down Range and your Finger Indexed Off the Trigger.
Can I reserve my ports before I arrive to the Range?
No. We do not reserve ports for our guests or Members. It is first come, first serve. *Some of our Range Memberships do allow priority positioning on the queue system. Please see a Gun For Hire Professional for more information about our Memberships.
I would like to come down with a group for a party/outing, do we need to call in advance and schedule our visit?
No you do not. If you are coming to the Range with less than 15 people, you can come in and purchase what you need to have fun with your party. If you plan on coming with more than 15 people we recommend you contact Jimmy@gunforhire.com to work out any details needed. We can also offer training, food, and other accommodations for your group outing.
What are the age limits to shoot?
8 years of age and older to shoot at the Range. (No children under 8 years old will be allowed inside the Shooting Range).
13 years of age and older can shoot one of our rented handguns with an adult over 21.
18-20 years of age and older unaccompanied by an individual over 21 can rent long guns only.
Do I need to bring anything to shoot with me?
We have all of the supplies you need to shoot including over 120 firearms to rent, ammunition, targets, ear and eye protection and more!
What should I wear?
Shooters should wear closed-toed footwear and shirts that aren’t low cut to avoid getting burned by spent shell casings.
We have everything you need to have a BLAST!!
Looking to work for New York New Jersey Port Authority? Make sure you train with the correct equipment. Our PAPD rental has the exact specifications that match the firearm you will qualify with. If you have the slightest interest in getting into the PAPD you need to make sure you train with this firearm. We even have it spec’d to the same lb. trigger pull. Just stop in anytime with a friend and ask for the PAPD Rental.
Renting a firearm and shooting with a friend or relative (2 person minimum)
Renting a firearm and shooting alone:
Shooting alone with your own firearm:
Can I bring a minor to the range?
- No Firearms are permitted in the retail area without being in a locked container.
- All handguns, rifles and shotguns are subject to approval.
- Wearing or drawing from a holster is only permitted for law enforcement, Gun For Hire, LLC and Woodland Park Range, LLC approved civilians who have passed a holster draw class and an efficiency test with a Gun For Hire, LLC or Woodland Park Range, LLC Range Safety Officer (RSO).
- Wear appropriate eye and hearing protection.
- UNCASE ALL firearms INSIDE the port only.
- ALWAYS keep the gun pointed in a safe direction.
- ALWAYS keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.
- ALWAYS keep the gun unloaded until ready to use.
- Keep your muzzle pointed down range at all times while on the firing line.
- Do not handle your gun when you are not on the firing line.
- In the case of a firearm or equipment malfunction that cannot be resolved, notify a Range Safety Officer.
- Alcohol and drug use is not tolerated before or during shooting.
- In the case of a CEASE FIRE command, shooting stops immediately. Guns are made safe (remove round from chamber, remove magazine and put safety on) and place on the shooting bench in your port.
- Advise a Range Safety Officer (RSO) immediately of ANY injury that occurs during shooting.
- Comply with all instructions from the range staff.
- All ammunition is subject to inspection and approval.
- Shotguns: slug and buckshot only (#4 buckshot and lower only).
- No Fast or rapid firing allowed.
- Any brass being removed from the range must be pre marked before going into the range. Please notify the cashier during check in.
- Only ammunition purchased at Woodland Park Range LLC will be allowed for rental firearms.
- Range rules subject to change at any time.
- With regard to any of your minor children (or minor children of whom you are legal guardian) and/or guests who are minor children (“Minors”), you hereby consent to the Minors’ presence at any of our facilities, presence on the range, use of the range, participation in firearms training, and participation in any other activities that occur at any of our facilities.
- Each time you participate in any of the activities that occur at any of our facilities, your participation shall constitute your agreement to (and ratification and affirmation of) the most current version of our Voluntary Release, Waiver, Indemnification, Hold Harmless, Consent, and Assumption of Risk Agreement.
- THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS OF ANY KIND FOR PARTIES EXPELLED FROM THE RANGE FOR SAFETY VIOLATIONS ANY UNSAFE BEHAVIOR WILL NOT BE TOLERATED, AND MAY LEAD TO REMOVAL FROM THE RANGE OR LOSS OF MEMBERSHIP (NO REFUNDS).