“Very informative and a good introduction to shooting safely.”
Hi Anthony, Thanks for your email. Yes – I enjoyed the class yesterday; it was very informative and a good introduction to shooting safely. I now feel confident enough to go to the range and practice independently. However, I know that this is only an introduction and want to come back for further classes. I just wish you were closer than the 2 hour drive! But it was well worth it and will be seeing you again in 4-6 weeks. Many thanks.
Prerequisites: None. The material is suitable for all, including appropriately supervised, mature children. Minimum age, 8 years old.
8 hours (lunch included)
• Certified Range Safety Officer, Certified Firearms Instructor, Shooting Range/Store personal.
• Please wear comfortable clothing. No open-toed shoes.
• Scene Safety and Responding to a Range Emergency
• Recognizing and treating life-threatening injuries
• Treatment of Traumatic Wounds
• Treatment of Medical Emergencies
• Bleeding Control/Use of Bleeding Control Agents
• Airway Management
• Use of Tourniquet
• Medical equipment and selection
• Proper set up of a Range First Aid Kit
• Setting up a Range Medical Response Plan
All of our high-level courses are taught by experienced professionals with the credentials to prove it. They are all trained and certified by the N.J. Police Training Commission, N.J. Department of Criminal Justice, and possess Federal Law Enforcement Instructor Certifications. They are experts in N.J. Use of Force Policies, and are always updating the course material with the latest use of force guidelines and case law. At Gun For Hire, this is not a “hobby”, but a full-time, legitimate vocation. Any “instructor” can teach you something, but only a select few can teach you the “why” or the “root of law” to justify your actions. If you were to use your newly acquired skills and were required to justify your actions, Gun For Hire instructors are ready, willing, and able to testify in your defense, as long as you had followed the training and procedures we provided. It does you, and your loved ones, no good if you survive the fight but have spend the next thirty years in prison because of the wrong advice you were given by a part-time amateur “instructor”.
Disclaimer: In an effort to keep all of our students safe course objectives and drills are subject to change.