“Very informative and a good introduction to shooting safely.”
Hi Anthony, Thanks for your email. Yes – I enjoyed the class yesterday; it was very informative and a good introduction to shooting safely. I now feel confident enough to go to the range and practice independently. However, I know that this is only an introduction and want to come back for further classes. I just wish you were closer than the 2 hour drive! But it was well worth it and will be seeing you again in 4-6 weeks. Many thanks.
Prerequisites: Complete our NRA Basic Instructor Training class
8 hours (lunch included)
• Register using the form below and make payment of the current class fee
• Pass the NRA Pre-Course Qualification assessment
• Rifle and 50 rounds of ammo
• Eye and Ear protection
• Introduction to “NRA Basic Rifle Shooting Course Outline and Lesson Plans”
• Teaching “Rifle Lesson I: Rifle Knowledge and Safe Handling”
• Teaching “Rifle Lesson II: Ammunition Knowledge and the Fundamentals of Rifle Shooting”
• Basic Rifle Shooting Instructional Method
• Teaching “Rifle Lesson III: Firing the First Shot
• Teaching “Rifle Lesson IV: Standing Rifle Shooting Positions”
• Teaching “Rifle Lesson V: Prone and Kneeling Rifle Shooting Positions”
• Teaching “Rifle Lesson VI: Sitting Rifle Shooting Position and Review of Positions”
• Evaluating and Improving Performance of Beginning Rifle Shooters
• Teaching “Rifle Lesson VII: Rifle Sports and Activities”
• Rifle Instructor Examination and Course Conclusion
*Please note each student is required 48hrs after class to activate your NRA credentials, NRA will charge a small fee depending on the rating. $10-$30
All of our high-level courses are taught by experienced professionals with the credentials to prove it. They are all trained and certified by the N.J. Police Training Commission, N.J. Department of Criminal Justice, and possess Federal Law Enforcement Instructor Certifications. They are experts in N.J. Use of Force Policies, and are always updating the course material with the latest use of force guidelines and case law. At Gun For Hire, this is not a “hobby”, but a full-time, legitimate vocation. Any “instructor” can teach you something, but only a select few can teach you the “why” or the “root of law” to justify your actions. If you were to use your newly acquired skills and were required to justify your actions, Gun For Hire instructors are ready, willing, and able to testify in your defense, as long as you had followed the training and procedures we provided. It does you, and your loved ones, no good if you survive the fight but have spend the next thirty years in prison because of the wrong advice you were given by a part-time amateur “instructor”.
Disclaimer: In an effort to keep all of our students safe course objectives and drills are subject to change.