I wanted to send you a message to tell you how much I enjoyed the course and how well run it was in every aspect. The instructors were fantastic (Jimmy, Bobby, Tom and Mike) and patient as they guided us all through the course and getting on steel today. As with everything you do at GFH, it was both a lot of fun as well as safe!
I can’t imagine how much coordination it took to pull this all together, but Jimmy deserves a special thank you for doing it all. From the classroom, to the food, the drive, dinner, the mountain, etc., it was exceptional, not to mention the poor guy is like a sherpa with all of the gear :).
Jimmy spent a lot of time with me well before the class making certain I had the right equipment and knew how to use it. He made sure I was comfortable with the gun and it made the class even more fun. Before this class, I had never shot further than your 50 yard range and today I got out to about 1,300 yards with a center hit on the steel – absolutely incredible!
My father-in-law was with me for the class and is 78 years old. Jimmy and all the instructors made certain he was comfortable and had a blast as well. I appreciate being able to spend time with him doing something like this – he said it was something you never think you’d get a chance to do during a lifetime and he truly enjoyed himself. I am glad he enjoyed himself and we got to spend two great days together.
I can’t thank Jimmy and the rest of the staff enough for the experience and great weekend! Count me in for 1.5 and 2.0!!
Urban Precision Rifle 1:
The GFH Urban Precision Rifle Course provides the participants with the knowledge and skills to accurately shoot at distances out to 1,500+ yards.
Day One of this two-day course takes place at the Woodland Park Range. Day One includes classroom discussion of MRAD and MOA values, the use of your scope reticle and turrets to adjust the point of impact, exterior ballistics, creating a rifleman’s data book, preparation of the rifle, and initial zeroing and scope adjustment exercises
Day Two takes place at an outdoor range facility where this knowledge is applied to live-fire drills at extended long range distances (100-1,500+ yards). These exercises include zeroing the rifle, shooting at known distances, building data book calculations, compensating for environmental conditions, and employing proper spotting techniques.
*Lodging, Food, and Transportation from Gun For Hire to the outdoor range and back to Gun For Hire is all included in this 2-day course*
Click your date and register today!
*Course has Limited seating and Limited Rentals no refunds allowed *
You must have a basic understanding of firearm safety and fundamentals
Must be 21 and older
*Rentals are available with everything needed*
Length of Course:
Day- 1 6-7hrs , Classroom and rifle prep
Day- 2 6-7hrs , Conducted on range
Location & Lodging Details:
Class will start (Day-1) at 8am at Woodland Park Range
1267 McBride Ave, Woodland Park NJ. 07424
After class on Day-1 Gun For Hire will be providing transportation to hotel in Towanda, Pennsylvania 18848, this will be a 3hr drive to hotel. (All Included)
Day-2 will begin with a short, 10 minute drive to the range from the hotel. We arrive back at GFH HQ by 7-8pm
*As this is a 2 day course, you must come on Day 1 prepared with an overnight bag packed with proper attire and any personal hygiene products that you will need, for the following day.*
Transportation From GFH HQ to Range
Food / Beverages
• Understanding MRAD (Mil’s) & MOA Values
• Learning how to use your Reticle and Turrets
• Exterior Ballistics Effects
• Creating a precision data book
• Rifle Prep (check fit up, Function and fit of your rifle)
• Prep, Pack and travel to hotel (GFH Transportation)
• Applying the Basics of day one
• proper marksmanship and shooting techniques
• Zeroing your rifle
• Covering known distances
• Building data book calculations past 1,000 yards
• Understanding weather effects and calculations
• Learning the value of spotting and spotting techniques
What to Bring:
Note: Looking for a Rental? select Yes during check out, This will include 200 rounds of match grade ammo.
• Rifle capable of shooting 1 MOA or less (not sure? Email Jimmy@GunForHire.com)
• Scope in MRAD (Mil’s) or MOA adjustment (No Duplex, red dot, Hunting style reticle) (not sure? Email Jimmy@GunForHire.com)
• 200-240 rounds Minimum of Match Grade Ammo
• Minimum Caliber .243 (question about caliber’s? Email Jimmy@GunForHire.com)
• Bipod (Recommended with Cant / height adjustment)
• Rear Shooting Bag (Sandbag’s, different sizes and shapes)
• Notepad & Pen
• Cleaning kit
• Day-2 will take place “outdoors” in the “elements” (Sunglasses, Hat, Bug Spray, Sun Screen, etc)
• Tools (any tools for your firearm/scope)
• Spotting Scope with reticle (Recommended / Optional) We will have on site for use
• Shooting Mat (Recommended / Optional) We will have on site for use
*As this is a 2-day course, you must come on Day 1 prepared with an overnight bag packed with proper attire and any personal hygiene products that you will need, for the following day.*
* No Iron & Holographic/Red Dot Sights
* Only one rifle per student (unless pre approved)
* Distances may vary during class depending on, Outside conditions & Conditions beyond our control. We will always have a Minimum of 1,000 yards.
*Everything that mentions Recommended / Optional please email Jimmy@GunForHire.com for suggestions*
Special Guest Instructors:
Owner Tier One Defense
Precision rifle builder
Armed govt contractor for FBI Newark office
10 year LEO (patrol, esu and surveillance,
PTC certified firearms instructor in handgun, shotgun, patrol rifle and subgun)
Blackwater Sniper School graduate
All of our high-level courses are taught by experienced professionals with the credentials to prove it. They are all trained and certified by the N.J. Police Training Commission, N.J. Department of Criminal Justice, and possess Federal Law Enforcement Instructor Certifications. They are experts in N.J. Use of Force Policies, and are always updating the course material with the latest use of force guidelines and case law. At Gun For Hire, this is not a “hobby”, but a full-time, legitimate vocation. Any “instructor” can teach you something, but only a select few can teach you the “why” or the “root of law” to justify your actions. If you were to use your newly acquired skills and were required to justify your actions, Gun For Hire instructors are ready, willing, and able to testify in your defense, as long as you had followed the training and procedures we provided. It does you, and your loved ones, no good if you survive the fight but have spend the next thirty years in prison because of the wrong advice you were given by a part-time amateur “instructor”.