“Thank you for putting together a first rate class”
Thank you for putting together a first rate class. My hands and legs are sore! My gun needs a major cleaning. And, I learned things about my shooting and myself that you cannot put a dollar amount on. Gun For Hire is the best!
Woodland Park Range: 1267 McBride Ave, Woodland Park NJ. 07424
Essex County Police Academy: 250 Grove Avenue, Cedar Grove NJ. 07009
• Pistol (You must bring a pistol registered to you to take this class!)
• Three magazines With a Mag Pouch
• 200 rounds of ammunition (night sights recommended but not mandatory)
• Two fully charged or battery-powered handheld flashlights
• Please do not bring a flashlight that’s activated by turning the bezel
• Weapon-mounted flashlight (optional) *Holster Required that works with your weapon mounted light.
• Extra batteries
• If using a weapon-mounted light, you must also bring a handheld flashlight
• Flashlight holder (belt-style preferred)
• Eye and ear protection
(NO Shorts, NO Open Toe Shoes, NO Sweatpants Allowed! Please bring only Factory Loaded ammo, Excluding Steel Cased ammo.)
• Proper selection of handheld and weapon-mounted light systems
• Use of night sights
• Proper grip and stance
• Operating in low-light vision conditions
• One-handed shooting techniques
• Multiple shooting positions using the flashlight
• Weapon manipulation in low-light conditions (reloads, malfunctions)
• Proper techniques of building search while using the flashlight
All of our high-level courses are taught by experienced professionals with the credentials to prove it. They are all trained and certified by the N.J. Police Training Commission, N.J. Department of Criminal Justice, and possess Federal Law Enforcement Instructor Certifications. They are experts in N.J. Use of Force Policies, and are always updating the course material with the latest use of force guidelines and case law. At Gun For Hire, this is not a “hobby”, but a full-time, legitimate vocation. Any “instructor” can teach you something, but only a select few can teach you the “why” or the “root of law” to justify your actions. If you were to use your newly acquired skills and were required to justify your actions, Gun For Hire instructors are ready, willing, and able to testify in your defense, as long as you had followed the training and procedures we provided. It does you, and your loved ones, no good if you survive the fight but have spend the next thirty years in prison because of the wrong advice you were given by a part-time amateur “instructor”.
Disclaimer: In an effort to keep all of our students safe course objectives and drills are subject to change.